IMPORTANT MESSAGE RE:CORONAVIRUS
- AS A PRECAUTION ONLY: the Practice has taken the decision to ask ALL patients NOT to attend the Surgery at any time.
- All appointments will now move to telephone triage, if necessary the Doctor will arrange an appointment for you to be seen.
- If you already have an appointment booked these will also move to telephone triage ONLY.
- To book a telephone triage appointment, arrange for your prescription to be delivered to a pharmacy or any other query please contact Reception on 01375 480000. Please bear with us if the telephone lines are busier than usual.
- Due to the current coronavirus situation, all appointments booked via our online facility are triage appointments as such you will receive a telephone call from the doctor at your allotted appointment time. this is due to it being necessary to determine whether patients can attend the surgery or should be contacting NHS 111.
- We have ceased using eConsult and now request that you use DoctorLink (see below).
- For further information relating to Coronavirus (Covid-19) please click here.
Welcome to Chafford Hundred Medical Centre
At Chafford Hundred Medical Centre in Essex the doctors and nurses take pride in offering the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
This practice has been established for over 90 years and until July 1999 general medical services were provided at three sites in Grays, Purfleet and Chafford Hundred. It was at that time that the practice closed its surgery at Grays and moved into a purpose-built site in Chafford Hundred. In March 2003 an opportunity arose to relocate from Purfleet and this allowed us to concentrate all services from one development.
Please click here to start using DoctorLink. You will be required to register. This will be replacing eConsult.
Appointments at other locations
Extra GP and Nurse appointments are available at a number of Hubs within Thurrock. Hubs are open 7pm-9pm every weekday and 9am-12pm at weekends. Appointments are for routine and urgent matters and are booked by contacting this surgery during normal hours or via NHS 111 outside of our normal hours.
There is also a GP at Orsett Minor Injuries Unit offering a walk in service and on day appointments for urgent medical issues only. They're open Mon - Fri 11am - 6pm, Sat & Sun 12pm to 3pm, appointments are booked directly with MIU (Tel 0300 300 1527) or walk in.
- Due to an increase in the number of wasted appointments through patients failing to attend without informing the surgery, it has become necessary to implement the following policy:
- "If you fail to attend 2 appointments over a 6 month period the Practice will write to you asking if there are any specific problems preventing you from letting us know. If you fail to attend for a 3rd appointment you will be asked to speak to the Practice Manager and you may be removed from the list and have to find an alternative Practice. Failure to respond to any of the above will result in possible removal from the Practice list."
- Please ensure you cancel appointments where necessary. If you cannot attend your appointment for any reason please let us know as soon as possible (or click here) as this can be used by other patients and helps to reduce the overall waiting time for routine appointments.
- During February there were 130 missed appointments where patients did not attend or cancel booked appointments. This equates to 31 hours or 1 doctor not seeing patients for 4 days .
Thank you for your cooperation of this matter.
Online Appointments Booking and Repeat Prescription Ordering
You can now have access to our appointments system online. This Patient Online system requires you to have a user name and password in order to log on. To find out more and obtain a user name and password please see one of the Reception Team. You will need Photographic identification in order to register for this service. The service is not available for children under the age of 16.
By using this system you will be able to book an appointment with a GP up to four weeks in advance (no bookings for Same Day appointments). You will also have access to the Repeat Prescription ordering facility. This facility allows you to choose the medication from your medical record (repeat medication screen only) rather than you having to type into the current form on the website or an email. You will be able to see a list of your medications with dates when they were last issued to you. Utilising this service will enable you to access both appointments and prescriptions 24 hours a day.
The service also allows you to view your Summary Medical Record which contains details of your medication, allergies and sensitivities. If you already have access to online booking and ordering prescriptions you will need to reapply in order to see your Summary Medical Record.
The NHS Friends & Family Test
Latest Results: Of those patients surveyed during February 2020, 88% are likely or extremely likely to recommend this Practice to friends and family.
(Site updated 20/05/2020)